Why You Don’t Get Shocked In Salt Water

We all have heard stories in the past of somebody getting shocked do to water or even worse, electrical shock drowning which is a cause of death that occurs when a swimmer is exposed to electric currents in the water.

Have you ever took the time to think what would happen if you put a ton of salt in water? The truth of the matter is that you will not get shocked in salt water, as you may know water is a conductor but salt water is a good conductor, due to salt being made of molecules called sodium ions & chlorine ions. These ions are what carries electricity through water, therefore the current will take the path of least resistance and you will be safe of getting shocked when in salt water.

 

Follow us on Facebook

priority1electric.com

managedhomemaintenance.com

916-929-7995

Leave a Reply